WHAT’S DRIVING YOUR PASSION?
We’re aligned behind a single purpose at Navistar: To accelerate the impact of sustainable mobility.
Yes, we build the best trucks, buses and powertrains in the world – but really, we’re building the future. If you have the passion to make a difference, climb in. It’s going to be a great ride.
ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES
Dive into challenging projects related to your area of study while joining in development workshops, volunteer activities, team-building events and more.
GET YOUR HANDS DIRTY
Experience professional and personal growth while gaining marketable skills through hands-on assignments.
LEARN FROM THE BEST
Be paired with a professional mentor who will coach you and encourage you as you learn new skills and gain new experience.
MEET THE RIGHT PEOPLE
Participate in valuable networking experiences that will help propel you into future job opportunities.
SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Navistar’s summer internship program gives students the opportunity to work on meaningful projects that help solve real-world challenges. This 12-week program allows students to gain valuable skills and insight while also learning what it would be like to build a career at Navistar.
SUMMER INTERN PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
For consideration, candidates must be at least a sophomore undergrad student pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree; able to work 12 weeks during the summer; and legally authorized on an unrestricted basis to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position.
KETTERING UNIVERSITY CO-OP PROGRAM
As a Co-op student, you will alternate between terms of academic classes and full-time employment—learning course materials then applying them in real-world projects. By graduation you’ll have gained up to 2.5 years of work experience and earned up to $70,000. All Kettering engineering, IT, or Business Ops students are eligible to apply for our Co-op program.
CO-OP PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
For consideration, candidates must be an incoming or current Kettering student pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree; have an overall GPA of 3.0+ with a high level of computer skills (Microsoft apps and internet); be a self-starter with positive attitude; and legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship or any restriction.
During my time in the co-op program, I built invaluable relationships across the company and developed a passion for the product and the people behind it. After four years in the program, I’ve joined the Structural Testing Group as a test engineer in San Antonio, Texas, a role that I found particularly exciting during one of my rotations through the engineering teams.
Kettering Co-Op Associate
CALLING ALL INNOVATORS
Navistar was named a Fast Company Best Workplace for Innovators. Join us and help accelerate our drive toward a sustainable future.
CREATING A CULTURE OF EQUALITY
Navistar stands united with people of all races, cultures, identities, sexual orientations, ages, religions, abilities, languages, experiences and expressions. We condemn all forms of injustice and violence and hold ourselves and each other accountable for building an equitable and inclusive workplace in which diverse teams thrive.
- Jobs Posted for Candidates to Search and Apply: August - March
- Candidate Review and Phone Interviews
- Face-to-Face Interviews
- Offers Pre-employment Actions (up to 90 days before hire)
- Pre-boarding (up to 30 days before hire)
- First day
- End of Internship (9-12 weeks)
After you complete an application for the first time, our system sends a username and password reset link to the email you used on your application. Look for an email from email@example.com titled, “Thank You for Applying."
- Search for an internship that matches your skills and qualifications and apply online
- Our HR team will review your application and get into touch as soon as possible if your profile appears to be a good fit
- If you meet our requirements, you will be invited to a phone interview with our HR team to gain a better idea of your experience
- If your phone interview is successful, you will be invited to a face-to-face interview with a team from the business
- You will have a chance to get to know us and show us your full potential
- If you are selected, we will discuss in depth the details of your internship and clarify any unanswered questions
- You will be presented with a written offer letter
- After you select Navistar for your Internship, we will begin onboarding which will consist of a background check, drug test, pre-boarding and orientation during your first few days
- You will be greeted by your team and receive further introductions
- Before arriving onsite for an interview, please discuss our health and safety protocols related to the interview with your recruiter. For more details, please see our FAQs.